friday five (birthdays)
February 22, 2002 10:56 AM
1. Hey, baby, what's your sign? Do you think it fits you pretty well?
I'm a Libra. It pretty much fits, but those things are very generic. My more complex chart doesn't match quite so well.
2. What's the worst birthday gift you've ever received?
I once had three people give me the same Europe cassette. I kept two, cause one was from a boy I had a crush on and the other was from my best friend. Shut up! It was the eighties.
3. What's the best birthday gift you've ever received?
My first pair of doc martens, which rang in my high school punk rock phase.
4. What's the best way you've celebrated your birthday thus far?
We have the best costume parties for my birthday. Any one of those could easily be the best birthday. The year (sometime in college) I went to NYC with my mother was great, too; I have a lot of fun travelling with her.
5. What are your plans for this weekend?
Driving around looking for a new neighborhood, and maybe some family stuff or party-going.
TrackBack : in nerdy & silly stuff
« today's grammar annoyance |
| cute little anti-globalisation lady »
The Friday Five. Everyone's doing it.
your wicked thoughts
well, i havent hopped on that friday five bandwagon yet - but i'm a libra too. woo hoo and all that.
these are the thoughts of eris on February 22, 2002 01:26 PM
1) Scorpio. Does it fit? Hard to say. Sometimes I think it does, sometimes I think it doesn't. A friend of mine is an astrologer and tells me I'm not JUST a Scorpio, but a certain type of Scorpio and that I actually do fit. But it's all Greek to me.
2) Haven't got a clue. I don't remember many gifts I've gotten. Wait... Not true. This wasn't actually a problem with the gift but I did have to guilt my soon-to-be-ex-wife to get a gift on my birthday. She was willing to just let it go, but I thought it was rude.
3) I don't know.
4) I've never truly celebrated my birthday in my memory. Since about 10 I've never even had a party or anything. At least not for me.
these are the thoughts of MrEntropy on February 23, 2002 05:13 AM
5) Drop in and see my parents, and a friend of mine. Then come home and vegetate because I'm not feeling at all well.
hahhaa, i have too since i always see them in you & twiggles diaries and they look like so much fun! http://digitaldownlow.net/blog/
but i was really replying because i remember my first pair of doc martens! this was way before they were 'cool' with the mainstream, and i worked and saved up something like 120 dollars, and i wanted a very sort of weird pair that they didn't have at any of the weird stores in my area, so my parents drove me to this store that is about an hour away - hahaha - 'noir leather' - it's a fetish store. like the fetish superstore in the detroit area. but they had my docs! electric blue 14 hole!
i stopped wearing docs a long time ago but lately u've been having the urge to get the cherry colored boots that i always wanted in high school but never got - so i started looking . found them at a store near me, but i can't afford them. BUT, i DID find a pair of display boots that were marked down - dark poiple 8-hole boots - 40 dolars!!!!!
i love them, i'm wearing them tomorrow!
these are the thoughts of inez on February 24, 2002 02:28 AM
/end of shoe rant in your diary :P
I knew a guy who's dream it was to own a pair of 18-hole, fire engine red Docs. I don't know if he ever got them.
Unfortunately, I have enormous feet and I'm sure it'd be next to impossible to find something decent. So I've never had a pair.
these are the thoughts of MrEntropy on February 24, 2002 05:59 PM
Seriously, pity me.
please note that your IP address is logged when comments are posted, and comment abuse including spam will be investigated and reported to your internet service provider.